📢 Cryptocurrency market cap sentiment is very bullish, according to Huobi recent Sentiment Research Index Report 📝

Huobi has just released its April 2018 Cryptocurrency Investor Sentiment Index Report. This report is provided by Huobi Academy of Blockchain Application.

Huobi Academy is a subsidiary of Huobi Global, the company that also facilitates cryptocurrency exchanges Huobi Pro and HADAX. Huobi Pro is one of the leading cryptocurrency exchanges with one of the highest trading volumes in the world.

Each month Huobi Academy of Blockchain Application conduct a questionnaire among cryptocurrency investors from different countries and through different outlets, like Twitter, email, Weibo and WeChat. Besides individual investors for April’s research they also included Institutional investment firms to participate in the questionnaire. The professional investment firms are all Huobi Supernodes.

The questionnaires were distributed from the 25th of April until the 30th of April 2018 and were sent to cryptocurrency investors from 23 different countries, including: China, The United States of America, South Korea, Japan and Singapore. In total 1974 questionnaires were collected that were deemed valid.

✔️ The Sentiment Index is generally based on three questions. The questions are determined to get respondents thoughts on short-term (until the next month), medium-term (in the next 6 months) and long-term views (in the next three years) of the cryptocurrency market. The sentiment scores ranges from 0 to 100 with 50 being the amount of points where respondents believe the market cap will remain the same.

Composite investor sentiment is the cumulative number of short, medium and long term sentiment, weighing the short and medium term results in more than the long term results.

The weigh in rules per question for the composite sentiment are:
1. Short-term expectations 45%
2. Medium-term expectations 35%
3. Long-term expectations 20%

The weigh in of the individual investors versus the professional investors in the results are 80%/20%.

✔️ Comparing the results on a Month-to-Month bases the results of April show a composite investor sentiment of 83.9, that’s an increase of 17% compared to last month’s results.
The short term investor sentiment index scored 75.9 with an increase of 24.4%*
The medium term investor sentiment index scored 88.4 with an increase of 15.7%*
The long term investor sentiment index scored 94.0 with an increase of 7.5%*
* the % increase are based on comparison with the results in the previous month

✅ The first question was: “ How do you expect the total cryptocurrency market cap to change in the next month?” Respondents could choose between 5 levels of changes, ranging from substantial increase to slump and 3 levels in between.

The results in the image below show that 50.4% of respondents expect substantial short-term increases in overall market capitalization and 30.6% of respondents believe in a slight increase. The majority of respondents (81%) are short term bullish on a market cap increase. Only 11.4% of respondents expects a decrease in market cap.

✅ The second question: “ How do you expect the total cryptocurrency market cap to change in the next half-year? “, has the same 5 answer options, ranging from substantial increase to slump.

This question has even more investors bullish on the market cap. 71.4% believe it will increase substantially within the next 6 months, and an additional 18.6% of respondents believe it will increase slightly, making a total of 90% of respondents bullish on the mid-term sentiment index. 5.8% of respondents believe a bearish sentiment will arise.

✅ The third and last question “ How do you expect the cryptocurrency market cap to change in the next three years?”. Again has the same answer options that range from substantial increase to slump. Long term sentiment has more respondents in the substantial increase category, a whopping 84.1% and 8.6% ticked the slightly increase box. A total of 92.7% is bullish, 3.9% bearish, and 3.4% neutral.

If you want to download the Huobi Cryptocurrency Investor Sentiment Index Report for the month of April 2018, click HERE.

Huobi Cryptocurrency Investor Sentiment Index Report for the month of March, click HERE

If you have any questions about the Cryptocurrency Investor Sentiment Index, please email:
📧 huobiresearch@huobi.com

👍🏻 I would like to acknowledge Hubery Yuan and Sherry Wang from Huobi Academy of Blockchain Application for providing us with this report.

--

--

--

Blockchain and cryptocurrency content creator. Writing for | Hacker Noon | The Startup | Good Audience | Blockdelta 📧: lindacrypto@ziggo.nl

Love podcasts or audiobooks? Learn on the go with our new app.

Recommended from Medium

Increased Efficiency with Decentralized Finance

BUSD. Binance Stablecoin.

High deflation

Staking with Bithumb Global 101

Utilities for ‘Scotty Beam Prime’ NFT Collection

KNIT Finance AMA Recap on Decentralized Club TG Group with Sainath Gupta(CEO, KNIT FINANCE)

VinDAX Lists Syfer Coin

Syfer Coin got listed on exchange.

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store
Linda Willemse

Linda Willemse

Blockchain and cryptocurrency content creator. Writing for | Hacker Noon | The Startup | Good Audience | Blockdelta 📧: lindacrypto@ziggo.nl

More from Medium

Does the RSI indicator provide value in crypto trading?

How will MimbleWimble work on Litecoin?

“Crypto Calling” — Stable Coins — Welche Chancen bieten sie?

Running of the Bulls (Crypto)